WORKSHOP #3 – Urban logistics tools and methods
Would you like to learn about the concept of ‘urban dynamics’ as a tool for shaping the infrastructure of the city of Poznan? What kinds of risk does the anticipated increase of the need for the elements of urban infrastructure pose? In view of those challenges, let us consider how to reduce the road traffic in historical districts of Poznań using e.g. the sustainable city logistics potential. Let us also take a look at the passenger information system, define the challenges and propose solutions for the optimization thereof.
Poznan University of Technology
Workshop host: prof. dr inż Marek Fertsch, dr inż Agnieszka
Stachowiak, mgr inż. Hubert Wojciechowski
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
1. City as a system
2. The essence of network thinking methodology
3. Demand for elements of city infrastructure
4. How to calm traffic in Poznań’s historical districts?
5. Characteristics of Poznań as a system
6. Identifying the factors influencing a city’s system
11:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
1. Presentation of survey results and embedding them in the network thinking
2. The essence of the “urban dynamics” approach
3. Existing solutions supporting the management of city infrastructure
(concerning the organisation of physical flows and current information)
12:45 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Conclusions and discussion